To collect WCMDA or LTE signal logs you could use a scanner or data cards. There is another way to do that: using smartphone. It is easy and feature-filled.
Firstly, we have these tools for this work:
- TEMS Investigation 13.1 on Windows 7
- HTC Vivid (PH39100)
- USB cable
I will tell you how you can do that step by step. Please read whole article before practising that.
Here we go:
- Plug in USB cable to the computer and HTC.
- On HTC, open “HTC SSD Test“. You must enable these features on HTC:
- Control Diag Port
- Control Modem
- Control RmNet
- Open “Device Manager“. Did you see these HTC drivers? If you did, continue with Step 3. If you didn’t, try unplug/plug, restart, reinstall drivers etc. It is a regular driver installation problem (If your manufacturer gives you special drivers, don’t forget to use them). I suggest that a program for this work: USBDeview. You can easily install/uninstall your USB devices with using that program.
- HTC USB Modem
- HTC Ethernet Adapter – 9k #2
- HTC Diagnostic Interface – 9K (COMx)
- HTC Diagnostic Interface (COMy)
- Open “TEMS Investigation 13.1“. Create a new workspace or open a previous workspace.
- Probably It will not recognize HTC automatically. If It happens, don’t worry. You can still do that. Just you need to create a manual configuration. Click to lovely little “Start Manual UE Config” button. Then create a manual configuration as It has been shown below. You should choose device type and ports settings carefully. Read your device’s documentation for that.
- Restart TEMS Investigation and HTC. Unplug and plug in USB cable.
- Finally, open TEMS Investigation while HTC connected to the computer via USB. Here we are: