I’ll be explaining how to update your Galaxy S3 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXEMD2 Firmware from the scratch. It’s pretty straight forward if you carefully follow the steps below.
What you need?
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean I9300XXEMD2 file: Download
- USB drivers for your device: Download 1 or Download 2
- Firmware updater, ODIN: Download 1 or Download 2
All are compatible to XP/Vista/Win7/Win8.
- Power off your device. Plug it in the computer with USB cable. Boot it into “Download Mode” by pressing and keeping hold in the same time the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons. A warning will come out, press Volume Up to approve it.
- Open ODIN in your computer. If you have the appropriate USB drivers, your phone will be shown as “Added“. Click on “PDA” and browse firmware file that you have downloaded.
- Hit the “Start” button. Wait until it is completed.
It will take a few minutes. After that, you will meet your brand new Android!