YouTube is the hands-down the most popular video streaming site currently. With over 2 billion monthly users, its audience is almost as large as Facebook’s audience. The popularity of YouTube brings up an important question: How does YouTube covers mp3? In other words: How to download or convert YouTube videos to mp3?
There are several YouTube mp3 converter and mp4 converter sites. However, be cautious about using these online video converter sites because they may download malicious software instead of video files and mp3 audio files you are looking to download.
We will touch more on the safety side of YouTube converter sites and mp3 conversion later in this post. First, let’s talk about the legality of YouTube downloader services.
Is it legal to download or convert YouTube video?
When someone creates original content and uploads it to YouTube, it automatically becomes copyrighted material for the creator. Therefore, to download videos or convert videos, you would either comply with Fair Use terms or get permission from the copyright holder.
Being eligible for Fair Use of online videos depends on:
- Your purpose of using online converters and video formats
- Nature of the copyrighted work and video quality
- Substantiality of the copyrighted content
- Effect on the market for value of the copyrighted content
Before you ask, I should point out that giving credits to the creator doesn’t give you rights for the conversion process or to use a free video converter. For more information about Fair Use and copyright myths, check out this page.
Remember, you can always download mp3 track, audio track, music videos (even long videos) with high audio quality by using this free tool YouTube offers.
Video formats and high quality YouTube mp3 converter sites
When you look for a site to download and convert unlimited YouTube videos, review their homepage first. Look for safety and security information. Be careful about hidden fees and limits. Most of the time, this information is near the download button, convert button, or search box.
Many people look for opportunities for easy downloading of mp3 files so they skip the common-sense checks. Popular web browsers like Internet Explorer and Google Chrome on Android phones, iOS phones, or Windows PC warn about malicious sites but they are not able to catch all unsecured activities. You should be vigilant about what you are downloading on a YouTube video downloader site.
In terms of file formats, the most common format popular sites support is mp3 format and mp4 format. The advanced level best tools also support MP3, 3GP, MP4, WMA, M4A, FLV, WEBM, MO, and a number of other audio formats and video extensions.
Best YouTube MP4 and MP3 converter
A useful tool to download your favorite YouTube videos and even a YouTube playlist easy way is mp3fy site. It allows you to convert your favorite videos to music tracks in an mp3 file that is ready to download. Your favorite songs will be on your desktop PC or mobile phone with original quality thanks to this special software.
You can download long videos (even 10-20 hours videos) by using mp3fy. It’s one of the best converters for long audio and video files without any unnecessary restrictions.
If you are looking for the highest quality 4K YouTube converter, 4kdownload site can help in different ways with simple steps. This is software that you will need to install first. File size is only 0.8 Mb and it can be downloaded through even a slow internet connection. You don’t need to register accounts. Feel free to use antivirus software to scan the file before installing and using it as a free YouTube video converter.
Feel free to use mp3fy or 4kdownload regular basis for the easiest way to convert mp3 or download mp3 YouTube. They are trusted in this area thanks to their simple interface, high sound quality, variety of output format, and safe (scanned) converted file. YouTube music can be on mobile devices in seconds with these tools but please make sure you are not obtaining copyrighted content.
How to download YouTube video using a YouTube URL?
If you are looking for a more general-purpose video converter that offers ease of use MyConverters is here to help. Even with default options, this service will help you download videos. Simply provide a YouTube video link (or YouTube video URL) and click the Start button (Convert button).
In the future, you will be able to use this site to download Facebook video with the highest available quality. Once downloaded, you can easily upload them to Google Drive, use them in a white box, or simply play them in an MP3 player.
Here are the simple steps to use MyConverters:
- Copy address from YouTube (In your browser, it’s at the top of your window)
- Paste it into YouTube converter to MP3 text area, and click Convert button
- In the next page, choose a Video or Audio format. Then click Download button
Common features of YouTube covers mp3 video converters
Look for these features in a video converter or mp3 converter:
- No time limit: Some converters don’t allow long videos. Make sure the service you use has no video length limits if you are trying to download long YouTube videos
- Highest quality: MP3 conversion and video streaming is a heavy process that requires high processing power. For this reason, many sites reduce the video quality. It’s important to check quality of converted file (look for 720p or 1080p options before downloading them)
- Search button: In addition to Start button, Convert button, and Download button, look for a Search button for an easy way of selecting and converting videos online
- Device support: Many sites don’t support downloading mp3 or video on mobile devices. Use a service that supports both mobile device as well as Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Free tool: A YouTube downloader shouldn’t be something you have to pay for. There are numerous high quality tools like the ones we mentioned in this post
- Site support: Best tools support not only YouTube, but also Facebook, Vimeo, and Dailymotion. There are tools that support over a thousand sites
Safety for downloading and converting YouTube music and videos
When you search for youtube covers mp3 or video converter, scroll down on the page to go to the end of the search results page. You may see a notice similar to this:
“In response to multiple complaints we received under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 3 results from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaints that caused the removals at LumenDatabase.org”
Google continuously removes malicious websites from the search results. These websites trick you to enter a YouTube video link and click the Convert button. Then a download pop-up appears. You would think the file that is being downloaded is the video or mp3 file you wanted to download. However, it might be a virus that may put your device and information at risk.
Always keep antivirus software on your device to scan converted files. Additionally, as I mentioned above, always do due diligence about a website before downloading anything from it.
YouTube user statistics and fun facts
This giant video platform has jaw-dropping stats that will convince you to leverage video free and best mp3 converters as well as video downloaders:
- YouTube has more than 2 billion monthly active users. It is world’s second most used social platform. It’s also the world’s second most visited website
- Over 74% of the adults use YouTube in the U.S.
- In the U.S., 80% of the parents say that their children watch YouTube
- YouTube is a global phenomenon. Only 16% of its traffic comes from the U.S.
- People watch over a billion hours of video on YouTube every single day
- An average visitor visits at least 9 pages on YouTube per day
- YouTube is gamers’ paradise as well. People watched more than 100 billion hours of gaming on this successful platform. Minecraft was the most viewed game last year
- More than 77% of the 15-35 years old people use YouTube in the U.S.
- 44% of the YouTube visitors are female
- Mobile devices cover 41% of the watch time on YouTube
- YouTube is expected to make about 6 billion dollars in advertising revenue this year
Create and convert YouTube videos
There are more and more people joining YouTube as creators every day. It’s a fun and creative way of establishing an extra income or even making it your full-time job.
Here are the simple steps to create your own YouTube channel and share video content:
- In order to become a YouTube creator, you first need a Google account. It’s free to register a Gmail account and use it in YouTube
- Once you open an account, go to YouTube homepage and click on Upload Video icon on the top right side of the screen. It will ask you to select a video to upload. You can drag and drop it to the screen or click Select Files to find it in your device
- While the video is being uploaded, you will be able to specify a title and description. You will also need to specify if the video is appropriate for kids
- After the video is uploaded (it takes only seconds for videos under 10 minutes), click Next to continue in the wizard. There are optional features you can use such as captions and subscribe cards
- Before completing the upload process, check if there is any copyrighted music you used in the video. YouTube automatically detects if there is a copyrighted material in your content. If there is, it lets you to use it but you can’t monetize your video. Advertisement income goes to the owner of the copyrighted content
Enjoy mp3 conversion, downloading videos, and converting music using the tools and methods mentioned in this post. Please make sure you don’t download anything copyrighted or unsecure.