Connect more than one Bluetooth speakers to Echo Dot or other Echo devices to listen music or other types of audio seamlessly in multiple rooms at your home.
Amazon is dominating voice-controlled device industry with 70% of market share. The software and hardware capabilities of Echo devices are continuously improved. Alexa has already become a part of daily routines for many of us.
With the recent developments, Echo devices now can play an audio seamlessly. It means, you are able to continue listening the same song or podcast when you go to one from another in your home.
Here is the challenge: What if you have only one Echo device but you want to hear audio from more than one speakers? It is possible with a additional device called “Bluetooth transmitter”.
Here is what you need:
- 1 Echo device (obviously)
- More than 1 Bluetooth speakers
- Bluetooth transmitter
Watch the video below for a quick demo.
Here is the device mentioned in the video (bluetooth transmitter):
Alternative link: https://amzn.to/2CWrSkA
Steps to connect more than one Bluetooth speakers to Echo Dot
- Remove all bluetooth speakers from Alexa app (use app or alexa.amazon.com)
- Connect the bluetooth speaker to Echo by using auxiliary audio cable
- Sync your bluetooth speakers with the transmitter (follow transmitter’s instructions)
- Play music and enjoy!
Thinking about controlling your lights and TV through Alexa? Check this post out.
Two most common issues with Alexa:
- “I am having trouble connecting to the internet. Take a look at the help section in your Alexa app” (Solution)
- “Sorry, I’m having trouble understanding you right now. Please try a little later” (Solution)