If a web browser starts loading the web page but it never finishes loading it, look for the resources being loaded and the debug errors in F12 Developer Tools.
If the page has an iframe, try testing the page after removing the iframe. If it works without the iframe, then look for further leads to narrow the issue down.
In the case I worked on, these were the symptoms of the issue:
- There is an HTML page hosted in IIS. There is an iframe for a PowerApps in this page.
- It works on
- Chrome browser in the server
- Edge browser in the server
- Edge browser in the client (http)
- It doesn’t work on (screenshot is below)
- Chrome browser in the client (http)
- Edge Chromium in the client (http)
- The page loads Chrome and Edge Chromium in the client if we access them via https
- F12 Developer Tools show “Could not load content for X. HTTP error: status code 404” and “A cookie associated with a cross-site resource at X was set without the “SameSite” attribute.” errors
Solution for the web page with an iframe to a PowerApps URL that keeps spinning
The root cause of this issue is the SameSite cookie changes. Chrome and Chrome based browsers had an update that changed how they interpret SameSite cookie. I wrote another post about this change and workarounds: Changes to the SameSite Cookie in KB4534271 and other updates
The best solution would be enforcing the setting
cookieSameSite = None in the PowerApps (Try it yourself). However, there is no way of doing it at the time of this post. The only option left is that using the site through HTTPS all the time.